With inspiration to Danny Brown for inspiring me with the top 10 blog posts he wrote this year, I figure I might as well follow suit, eh?
Here are my top 9 based on various metrics shown in the Popularity Contest plugin, which runs in the background recording how many times a post is viewed, commented, tracked back, and so forth. In no particular order…
1. Hacking the Bejeweled Blitz Game on Facebook continues to see comments, five months after I wrote about installing a Greasemonkey script to accumulate more points than previously conceived possible.
2. How One Post Quintupled My Blog Visitors was written about a different Facebook article that set the standard for future blog posts here.
3. Why I Challenge You to Think Like Me is about civics and consumerism.
4. How Students Learn Democracy Online is the next step and forcing the rest of the world to watch what the United Kingdom is doing, enabling teenagers to change the world.
5. Guest Interview with Stoya: Sex Starlet Talks Back features adult entertainer Stoya who took some time off from an Australian shoot to share her thoughts at the intersection of sex, society, and social media.
6. Guest Interview with Heidi Cool: How a University Experiments with Social Media features web development guru Heidi Cool.
7. Why I Use 22 WordPress Plugins Today was written in September 2009 as one of a series of articles about tools and scripts and widgets, such as Popularity Contest mentioned above, that make your blogging experience more interactive and engaging.
8. Case Study of 4 Companies on Twitter profiles Walmart, Comcast, Whole Foods, and the LA Times. Some of their corporate representatives add their thoughts in the comments, too.
9. 12 Ways to Use LinkedIn Today is an evergreen piece that will see an update in the coming weeks. Do check it out, for I see transgressors frequently.
There you have it. Thank you for reading the 344th blog post written here on AriWriter in calendar year 2009, and the 954th blog post published since Day One in May 2007. Drop by tomorrow for the last blog post of the year. In the meantime, feel free to peruse through the above articles and add your thoughts either in their comment sections or below.