Thank you for your interest in contributing a guest blog post.
Please note: My blog is not a repository for article marketing. Please read how to pitch your guest blog post. Be familiar with it. If you’re not a blogger already on your own site, this is probably not for you.
Since the main focus of this site is digital media, and the audience comprises bloggers and business professionals, frequently written topics include:
Search Engine Marketing
Your submission must have something to do with digital media.
- I do not accept posts from random companies wanting a link to a product or service I never heard of before. Sorry.
- My audience is smart. This means I won’t accept posts on beginner information that’s been said 5,000 times already.
- Please don’t email me to ask if I accept guest posts, because this page says I do.
- Please choose a topic and inject your passion into its writing.
- Show me you care.
- Write in first person; or sprinkle enough first-person pronouns for readers to identify with you.
- Be yourself. Show your personality. For instance, if you’re writing about a product or a tool, specify why you like it and how using it makes you feel.
- It is better to be objective than subjective.
- Please scroll through previous contributed posts to read what other guest authors have written.
- Please send guest posts to email@example.com in Microsoft Word, Open Office, Rich Text Format, Google Docs, or within the body of the email. Raw HTML is preferred so I can copy and paste.
- Your post must be written in English. I may format your submission to ensure structure, but if your grammar is poor I will ask you to rewrite it.
- Basic formatting should include section headers and small paragraphs.
- Attach a few pictures for your post and indicate credits as applicable.
- Your post should be approximately 700 words or longer. The only exceptions are image-heavy posts.
- Links are encouraged, but I will not accept affiliate links or multiple links to the same URL.
- Include your bio in 140 characters or less. Indicate your Twitter handle and/or blog link.
- Sign-up for a Gravatar account if you don’t already have one. When you want to reply to anyone’s comment, your picture will now be seen.
- Over 6,500 people around the world visit this blog every month. Posts are syndicated and distributed to many sites. Newspapers occasionally print them. Your expertise and professionalism in the topic that you’re blogging about will be seen by a lot of people.
- By sharing your voice on these pages, you reach my readers and their social networks quickly and easily. If you have your own blog, website, or social networking profile, you get your own byline here and readers will be able to click your links to connect with you.
- I only publish new content, not previously-published posts from elsewhere online; and this is because search engines frown on duplicate online content.
- I reserve the right to edit your post, to ensure there are no typographical errors and to maintain formatting structure.
- Please note that, per this blog’s content policy, all words, images, video, and other content on this blog are uncopyrightable except where specified as the property of someone else.
- The Feature Friday series is published every week (or when there is one to print). You will be emailed if your proposed post is accepted or rejected. Please be patient if the response is not immediate. If selected, your feature post will be scheduled for the next available Friday.
- Please reply to comments when applicable. The more you reply, the more discussion and social sharing will occur. If you do not reply to comments, your links will be deleted.
The Fine Print
This page was last updated on June 4, 2013.