This is a screenshot of words you use to describe me on Twitter lists. Font size equals frequency; more people equate me as a social media professional than a marketing professional or someone who lives in metro Boston, and this is why social and media are the largest words.
Do you think my online reputation is accurate? Do you connect me with these words or with other words? Based on how well you (think you) know me, would you change anything?
How to create a Twitter list Wordle
1. Log into twitter.com and click the “Me” tab to view your own timeline. Click “Lists” on the left side of the screen and choose lists that you’re a “member of.”
2. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and pause momentarily for the list to keep scrolling. (Depending how many lists you’re on will depend how many times you need to pause for the list to refresh itself and keep scrolling.)
3. When you finally reach the bottom, manually mouseover every list from end to beginning.
4. Copy that selection into a text editor. I used Komodo Edit.
5. Copy everything from the editor and paste it into a spreadsheet. You can use Microsoft Office or, in my case, Open Office. Import the data as “space” delimited.
6. The first 3-4 columns will have the list names which you’ll need to manually sort a few times to delete extraneous content. Delete people’s names, delete numbers, delete hashtags, etc. You should be able safely delete the right-most columns without any editing.
7. Copy everything that remains (the list names) and create a new wordle.
8. Paste the content from the edited spreadsheet — and randomize the layout to however you want it to appear.
What does your word cloud resemble?
How do your followers, fans, customers, vendors, employees — anyone, really — perceive you? This is an important question because the answer defines your online reputation. This is why my blog is about exploring new and emerging media — because I know people look to me for that expertise.
Please note that I am not calling myself an expert in social media. You are.
My reputation (through Twitter lists, anyway) is being a social media expert.
What is your reputation?