Near the end of “Star Wars Episode III: The Revenge of the Sith,” moments before Anakin Skywalker’s juxtaposition to Darth Vader, he says to Obi-Wan Kenobi: “If you are not with me, you are my enemy.”
Obi-Wan replies: “Only the Sith deal in absolutes.”
If you are building a social media strategy, it is imperative you mash it up.
- Be open to amendment, even if you drafted the law.
- Employ one marketing manager for print and online, not two.
- Don’t separate TV advertising and YouTube viral marketing.
- Treat reporters and bloggers the same.
- Blur the boundary between work and play.
- Think about black and white together.
- Embrace change and diversity.
- Change your mindset.
When designing a social media strategy, mash it up. Don’t be like the Sith, or risk falling victim to the 7 deadly sins of social media.
Photo credit: predatormc @ Flickr